Newton's Nest | Vacation Rental in Deep Creek | 374
Bedrooms: 5 Baths: 4 ½ Sleeps: 14
Introducing this unique lakefront estate that combines old cottage charm with modern lodge living! This grand property features 5 bedrooms, 2 loft areas, 2 great rooms, a double sided wood fireplace and a separate guest cottage on the property. Newton's Nest leaves nothing to be desired! On one of the best lakefront lots at Deep Creek Lake sits an enormous yard and private dock with easy access to the new Thousand Acres Golf Course! This massive lodge style home has 3 wood fireplaces, open lofts, partial air conditioning in the new section of the lodge, wireless internet access, pool tabl, air hockey, wet bar, outdoor hot tub, firepit, child's play set, plenty of decking, all the amenities of home and the feel of privacy! Come be our guest at Newton's Nest and leave your every day hectic life behind. We promise, you won't want to leave!
Vacation Rental Summary
Great room with seating for six, wood burning fireplace, ceiling fan, and TV/DVD/VCR. Dining area with table for eight, and seating at the breakfast bar. First bedroom with a king bed, ceiling fan, private bath with a jetted tub, and deck access. Second bedroom with two sets of bunk beds, and deck access. Hallway with a standard bath, and access to the washer and dryer.
Upper Level of Main House
Loft area with seating for four. Third bedroom with a queen bed and a ceiling fan. Fourth bedroom has a queen bed, ceiling fan, and TV. Fifth bedroom with a queen bed and ceiling fan. Hallway with a full bath.
Upper Level of Lodge Section
Double sided loft with daybed with trundle, and two queen sleeper sofa's.
Great room with TV, fireplace, mini kitchenette with fridge, microwave and sink. Full bathroom and a separate room with a queen sleeper sofa.
|Oct 15, 2014 - Dec 8, 2014||$895||$1,695||$195|
|Dec 9, 2014 - Feb 17, 2015||$1,295||$2,095||$250|
|Feb 18, 2015 - Mar 17, 2015||$1,095||$1,895||$225|
Newton's Nest is a great place to getaway from it all, especially if you have a lot of guests to house. Very clean accommodations with well stocked kitchen and comfortable beds. They really thought of everything, right down to providing a lot of extra blankets and pillows. Fishing right on the lake in our backyard was wonderful! The guesthouse accommodations were equally as nice and bigger than we anticipated. Will definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet getaway for a large group. The only drawback was you must bring your own firewood for the fireplaces which require alot of wood. The main firelace is huge!
This home was absolutely beautiful. There was plenty of space for my family and friends! Although it was winter time when we stayed, the house was right on the lake which allowed an amazing view. The home was pretty easy to get to..just follow the road name until you get to the house. I would absolutely rent out this house again.
Newton's Nest is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of life. We rented this house for our family Christmas 2013. It is a beautiful rustic home. It is very roomy but still cozy and "homey". Everyone could go and sneak away and get quiet time. You literally can't hear anything from one end of the house to the other. The home as a newer updated section (the great room), but the older part of the house has so much character and I think we spent equal time in both sections. The home has beautiful panoramic views of the lake. With all of the windows in the house, you always have a great view. The house is very child friendly with fun things to do to entertain them. It felt like our home when we left. We never wanted to leave! Newton's nest will forever be in our family's memories. A big thank you to the owners for allowing us to spend our Christmas there. We took care of it as if it were our own and would love to go back again.
Thank you for the great review! Newtons Nest is one of a kind for sure! Please come see us again!
We really had a very nice time, the weather was great as a matter of fact we might be coming back
We rented this home two years in a row. We have a few families that get together. This home handles the crowd and we all have private space. 5 bedrooms in the main house, and a perfect little apt to boot. We will come back again. And again. The pool table area is far removed from all of the sleeping areas, so the ones hanging out and kicking back don't disturb the sleeping guests. There are 4 refrigerators, plenty of room for food and beverages. There are 6 living room / sitting areas. The yard is level and breath taking. The neighbors are there, but you don't really see them unless you are looking. It is such a large area, that a smaller group of family may feel lost. We encountered one problem with the sink and its plumbing coming undone, water every where. However, there are two sinks in the kitchen, and we did not miss a beat. Dinners were made, and life moves on. Pipes fixed the next am. Beds were comfortable, kitchen well stocked with basics and pans. Heat / air is responsive. Part of the home is not air condtioned, but we go in the fall. Just a lovely, well thought out home. If I could improve anything it would be the water pressure, and update the tv's. the one in the "master bedroom" was updated, but the tv in the game room, the large tv is a projection (?) tv that is very limiting in ideal view angles. Only two bedrooms have a tv, so they were the prime bedrooms. We were happy that the guest cottage had blinds put up this year. Very adorable little space. Decorated with rustic charm, equipped with so many touches that make it ideal for small children. Two small tables, Two rocking horses, a chest of toys... sturdy bunk beds. No skimping at this home. I always wonder why this one is not booked solid. I almost don't want to leave feedback to keep this a hidden gem. Love this home.
Despite the fact it rained EVERY day, we all (6 adults & 2 children) had a wonderful time. There were games & toys for the little ones (ages 3 & 5) to play with, and lots of room to run around in. The kitchen was well equipped and great for every meal we prepared, large or small; even the ice maker worked. The bedrooms were very comfortable and situated in places away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the house. My only complaint was that there was no DVD player for the large TV in the new family room area. which is where we spent most of our time. We definitely would, and will, stay at Newton's Nest again!
The best end of summer getaway ever. We took our family of 9 to spend 4 days at Newtons Nest right after Labor Day. Leaning heavily on the advice and help of Sophia Holtschneider at Long and Foster we rented an amazing house in a ideal location. The house was exactly as advertised and more. The house was spotless, with large rooms, plenty of bathrooms, a huge kitchen, 3 large living rooms for all of us to gather in, 3 fire places,table games, and much much more. Outside we had plenty of yard area but were close enough to make the short walk to the dock. There was even a separate cottage available that could have easily held 6 more people. We are still talking about what a great time we had and it looks like we will be going back next year. I'm sure that everyone at Long and Foster is wonderful to work with but I recommend asking for Sophia because of her honesty, willingness to work with us, and her knowledge of the houses she rents. Oh yeah, as a bonus we were given the opportunity to do an early check in and check out.
The dock was so covered with goose droppings that it was unusable . We could not walk on the deck. We called on Tuesday about the deck and it took to Thursday to send someone to power wash it. The phones did not work. The smoke alarm went off from cooking and the alarm was turned off but no one called to see if it was a real fire so the firetruck showed up. It was at that time we discovered the phones did not ring.They were replaced twice during the week. Silverware drawer had mice droppings in it. The kitchen was poorly eqiped to accomadate 8 ,let alone 15 that it is suppose to hold. The most positive thing about the place was the large flat yard.
This was our fourth house over 10 years of rentals. Immaculate house and yard. Great place. Only thing the house is missing is a shuffleboard table. Please buy one. I will rent this house every year for sure.. Great job L&F;!!!
|Check In Date:||Nights Stayed:|
Have you ever waited until the last minute to make vacation accommodation plans? Did your vacation opportunity just become available and you want to see what the current deals are? This is a courtesy feature for you to use to bid on available vacation rentals.
Bidding is only allowed for online customers. Do not call about the bidding process-email only, however you can call our office to see what current discounts are being offered. The discounts will be similar to what an accepted bid is expected to be. The bidding form is not to get a lower discount than what is offered through our office, but a convenient tool to use so you do not have to call in. Remember, not all homes will accept a bid, and sometimes, the discounts that Long and Foster offers will be more or exactly the same as what a homeowner might accept.
If you are within 5 days...make us a reasonable offer.
Please be courteous and only submit serious bids. Ensure that you read and follow the Last Minute Bidding Rules below, or your bid will be deleted and not considered.
Bidding Process and Policies
- Review the properties using our reservation availability search to the left. Each property listing will have a “Last Minute Bid” Tab on the property page and this is what you will need to complete to be considered for that specific home. Find the home you really want before you make a bid.
- Complete the form fully and honestly, and submit your bid. If not completed, it will not be accepted.
- Only submit a reasonable bid. A ridiculously low offer will not be considered and will be deleted immediately. Examples of considered bids will be 10% Off the advertised rate. 3 Nights for the rate of only 2. 15% off a 3 night stay, $150 off the advertised rate…for example. Be smart, you know what a too low bid would be.
- Our Long & Foster Rental Staff will contact the property owner to determine if your offer is acceptable or if a counter offer shall be made by the owner, then we will contact you immediately with the result. If the bid is thrown out due to a low offer, you will not get a follow up.
- When your bid is accepted, you will be required to pay for the lodging in full via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and execute our standard lodging agreement within the next 90 minutes. Failure to do so will void your accepted bid, and we will not resubmit for approval. Remember, if someone books before you confirm it, your offer is also VOID.
- Your right to the vacation property cannot be assigned or re-sold. Please carefully review our occupancy guidelines as this is your responsibility.
- Our standard processing fee, Accidental Damage Waiver Fee and taxes will be added to the agreed upon bid submitted below. No exceptions.
- A non-response after 24 hours shall deem the bid to have been unacceptable to the property owner, or thrown out due to an unrealistic offer, so please continue looking for a rental.
- We will only accept the first bid submitted in a given day per person/email address, so only 1 BID ALLOWED. If you bid on multiple homes, all bids will be thrown out. If your first bid is accepted, you will not be permitted to make additional bids unless you are looking at booking multiple homes or a different date.
- Please remember bidding is only allowed on properties within 5 days of arrival and only allowed for one home at a time. Bids that are outside of that 5 day window will be ignored and deleted, as will unrealistic bids.
- Please review the policies and procedures put forth by Long and Foster Resort Rentals and do not make a bid unless you agree to all terms.