Robin's Nest | Deep Creek Lake Accommodation | MD | 301
Bedrooms: 4 Baths: 3 ½ Sleeps: 10
The incredible Robin’s Nest is a family favorite and one of our most popular summer rentals! Enjoy the beautiful view from the upper deck or lower patio. The comfortable furnishings is ready for your family to unwind and enjoy the warm atmosphere that welcomes all who enter. The level lakefront area is ideal for an old-fashioned family picnic near the water’s edge. After enjoying the many activities at Deep Creek Lake come back and unwind in the outdoor hot tub and take in all the beautiful sounds of nature. Robin’s Nest is located just minutes away from the Deep Creek Lake State park and area restaurants making it the perfect retreat for your family or gathering with friends.
*** *Parking for this home is limited to: 4 Vehicles- All other vehicles will be towed at the owners expense.* ***
Vacation Rental Summary
Great room with seating for five, queen sleeper sofa, hardwood floors, ceiling fan, HDTV, Blu-Ray/DVD player, card table and deck access. Master suite with a queen bed, TV, private bath with shower stall and walk in tub. Hallway with half bath and access to washer and dryer.
Family room with seating for five, ceiling fan, HDTV, Blu-Ray/DVD player, dumb waiter, deck access and wet bar with microwave and refrigerator. Second bedroom with queen bed, TV, deck access, and private bath. Third and fourth bedrooms each with two twin beds and a TV. Hallway with a standard bath.
|Aug 16, 2014 - Sep 2, 2014||$1,295||$2,395||$295|
|Sep 3, 2014 - Oct 14, 2014||$825||$1,695||$180|
|Oct 15, 2014 - Dec 8, 2014||$725||$1,495||$175|
|Dec 9, 2014 - Feb 17, 2015||-||-||-|
|Feb 18, 2015 - Mar 17, 2015||-||-||-|
This was our first visit to Deep Creek Lake. The home was clean and welcoming, landscaped with lovely pink impatiens and red geraniums. It was a wonderful place for our multi generation family vacation. Our 80 + year old parents enjoyed the upper master suite. They felt pampered with the soaking tub and hand held sprayer. The grab bars and other handicap amenities were perfect for them. The more active members enjoyed the privacy of the lower level. Which has a mini fridge, sink, and microwave. In reading past reviews I can tell you the charcoal grill has been replaced and the kitchen was well equipped with plenty of utensils, including spatulas. The home is located about the middle of the lake and close to the state park boat ramp. Restaurants and grocery store are just a short drive. We had a great time and would definitely recommend staying here.
Having two master bedrooms on separate floors, each with their own full bathroom, is great for having others join us. Since we don't go out to eat and prefer to fix our own meals, the spacious kitchen with an openness to the dining room and living room make family gatherings convenient. Enjoy the lakeside views and time on the dock. Only drawback, simply due to the location on the side of a steep hill, is the very steep, short driveway down to the lower level parking next to the house.
Spacious and cozy rooms were a pleasant surprise when we arrived at Robins Nest. A fully stocked bright and clean kitchen was appreciated also. Beds were comfy and there was adequate closet and dresser space for your clothes. The boat dock was also great for fishing and sunbathing. All in all we really enjoyed ourselves.
We have stayed at Robin's Nest for six years now, so clearly it is a home we like since we continue to return. As time has passed, there have been a few things that we feel should be maintained. For example, the grill at the house is horrible. It's old, inexpensive, the bucket that catches the ashes was broken this year. Since most of the time is spent at the home and not at restaurants, and for the money you pay to rent this house we feel it should have a nicer, better functioning grill. The house is also missing a lot of kitchen utensils. Again, for the money you pay.. we feel like we should have what we need.. even the small things. We didn't have a single spatula, but we had four blenders for some reason. The location is wonderful, the yard is great, the private dock is on a great area of the lake. The owner keeps a large pontoon boat the dock however, which is large enough to block the breeze on the lake! If you dock your own boat too then you are left with only one side of the dock to really use for swimming. For us that meant our swim area was right next to the neighbors. Overall, we do like the house. There is a lot of room, and it is a good house for accommodating people with different interests. for example, having a TV in each room and on each living room area allows for kids of different ages to all have something to watch. The service from Long and Foster is sometimes sketchy. The rental agents are very nice, the property manager is a little curt. Which means if you need something while there, you can be left to feel like you are causing a problem.
Nice, comfortable home. Upper bedroom was perfect for older adult. Great fishing off the dock - due to cove location. Partially covered upper deck provided more outdoor time, even during showers. Sadly, many spiders and webs outside. Nice quiet location, but houses close in this cove. Beautiful view toward Southern end of the lake.
This was our 5th year to stay at Robin's Nest. Overall, we love the property, which is obvious since we keep coming back. This year we did have some issues though that were more disappointing. When we arrived, the house was like an ice box. The air conditioning had been set down to 50 degrees. The Hot Tub on the other hand had been jacked up over 110 degrees. I assume the people before us messed with these things, but we felt that the Long and Foster inspector should have found these things before we checked in. We had to have a service call to fix the hot tub as it had been locked into the high temp settings and couldn't be fixed by us. We lost 3 days of hot tub use b/c of this. While the rental office was friendly about it all, their response was more like "Oh that's funny that someone would do that". It really wasn't funny to us. One bed also had stained sheets. I believe the sheets were washed and clean but they had round brown stains on them. That's still gross. Fortunately we had an extra set of sheets and we changed them. Finally, this year there was a large pontoon boat docked at the house. We understand our contract does say that the owner's boat is docked at the house, but since the main reason for us coming to the lake is to use our boat it would be nice to have a center slip to dock the boat in, not have a gigantic boat there.. we tripped over the dock ties a couple of times, bumped into the platform that hangs over the dock. It basically limited our "play space" on the dock. Perhaps consideration to the cost of the house should be given if the dock can't be properly used. Despite these items, the house is clean, has nice lakefront for swimming and accommodates our family well. We still plan to return, just hope that next year is a little smoother.
We've stayed here several years and the home works well for us. This year, however, there were a few minor issues. - The pull out sofa bed was filthy when we unfolded it. There was candy, candy wrappers and a lot of food crumbs. We had to vacuum it out befor use. - The renters prior to use left three large, damaged water toys deflated on the deck and lakefront. We had to clean them up. - The prior renters also stacked a wall of stones and slate pavers in one of the beach areas by the dock. This would have taken a while to clean up, so we did not and therefore did not have use of that beach entry. - Maintenance workers arrived Saturday morning at 10:30 and, after knocking, open the lock and entered before we could get to the door. The thought we were checking out on Saturday rather than Sunday. The apologized, but questioned us aboutw whether it was truly a Sunday-Sunday rental. - Charcoal grill has a huge hole in the grate that holds the coals, which makes it tough to have full use of the cooking area.
The house was great and the staff and flexibility were even better
lovely home--just perfect for multi-generation family get together. The youngest thought they had their own private beach, and the grownups enjoyed the peace and quiet of the decks for eating and talking and relaxing. The proximity to Deep Creek Lake State Park was a real plus.
The home is in very good condition and very clean. Everything is there and ready to go. We had a great time, and will book for next year.
|Check In Date:||Nights Stayed:|
Have you ever waited until the last minute to make vacation accommodation plans? Did your vacation opportunity just become available and you want to see what the current deals are? This is a courtesy feature for you to use to bid on available vacation rentals.
Bidding is only allowed for online customers. Do not call about the bidding process-email only, however you can call our office to see what current discounts are being offered. The discounts will be similar to what an accepted bid is expected to be. The bidding form is not to get a lower discount than what is offered through our office, but a convenient tool to use so you do not have to call in. Remember, not all homes will accept a bid, and sometimes, the discounts that Long and Foster offers will be more or exactly the same as what a homeowner might accept.
If you are within 5 days...make us a reasonable offer.
Please be courteous and only submit serious bids. Ensure that you read and follow the Last Minute Bidding Rules below, or your bid will be deleted and not considered.
Bidding Process and Policies
- Review the properties using our reservation availability search to the left. Each property listing will have a “Last Minute Bid” Tab on the property page and this is what you will need to complete to be considered for that specific home. Find the home you really want before you make a bid.
- Complete the form fully and honestly, and submit your bid. If not completed, it will not be accepted.
- Only submit a reasonable bid. A ridiculously low offer will not be considered and will be deleted immediately. Examples of considered bids will be 10% Off the advertised rate. 3 Nights for the rate of only 2. 15% off a 3 night stay, $150 off the advertised rate…for example. Be smart, you know what a too low bid would be.
- Our Long & Foster Rental Staff will contact the property owner to determine if your offer is acceptable or if a counter offer shall be made by the owner, then we will contact you immediately with the result. If the bid is thrown out due to a low offer, you will not get a follow up.
- When your bid is accepted, you will be required to pay for the lodging in full via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and execute our standard lodging agreement within the next 90 minutes. Failure to do so will void your accepted bid, and we will not resubmit for approval. Remember, if someone books before you confirm it, your offer is also VOID.
- Your right to the vacation property cannot be assigned or re-sold. Please carefully review our occupancy guidelines as this is your responsibility.
- Our standard processing fee, Accidental Damage Waiver Fee and taxes will be added to the agreed upon bid submitted below. No exceptions.
- A non-response after 24 hours shall deem the bid to have been unacceptable to the property owner, or thrown out due to an unrealistic offer, so please continue looking for a rental.
- We will only accept the first bid submitted in a given day per person/email address, so only 1 BID ALLOWED. If you bid on multiple homes, all bids will be thrown out. If your first bid is accepted, you will not be permitted to make additional bids unless you are looking at booking multiple homes or a different date.
- Please remember bidding is only allowed on properties within 5 days of arrival and only allowed for one home at a time. Bids that are outside of that 5 day window will be ignored and deleted, as will unrealistic bids.
- Please review the policies and procedures put forth by Long and Foster Resort Rentals and do not make a bid unless you agree to all terms.